The top 5 video editing laptops for 2021 on a budget. This is my pick based on CPU and RAM but on video editing GPU performance. Video editing requires more resources from your laptop than other computer tasks. These 5 laptops I have reviewed are equipped with a powerful hardware configuration for all your video editing requirements.
I have picked the 5 best models under $1500:
• ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 Ultra slim Laptop.
• ASUS ZenBook 15 with Wide-view .
• MSI GL64 Leopard laptop with the thin bezel display.
• Razor Blade 15 Base Model, and is one of the best gaming laptops.
• Acer Nitro 5 known to be cool under fire.
All of them are packed with a dedicated NVIDIA graphic card, 16 GB RAM, and a powerful CPU. The differences are in display technology, storage amount, and unique features depending on the producer. These characteristics make them perfectly suitable for video editing because they deliver the desired performance and still staying within your budget.
Please check out my deals if you are looking to make a purchase:
• ASUS ROG Strix G15: CLICK HERE
• ASUS ZenBook Flip 15: CLICK HERE
• MSI GL65 Leopard: CLICK HERE
• Razor Blade 15 Base Model: CLICK HERE
• Acer Nitro 5: CLICK HERE
NOTES: There may be some variations from the products I reviewed.
If you would like, DONATE to the channel and help me keep content coming to you guys! https://www.buymeacoffee.com/seomarketeer
- 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor
- A RTX 2070 8GB with ROG Boost
- Up to 1TB SSD Storage
- Multiple types of USB port, even USB 3.2 Type-C
Asus ROG 15 is well known in the gaming community but the hardware configuration makes it perfect for video editing as well. It comes with the latest 10th generation Intel Core I7 CPU, which in combination with GeForce RTX 2070 GPU makes this laptop a great deal.
It is one of the world’s smallest 15.6 inch laptops making it perfect for travelling. Good battery life with up to 10 hours 1080p video playback and also has type-c charging, which makes it convenient.
A true color and speed on display. The ultrafast 240Hz refresh rate of the display makes the flow of fast-paced video look impeccably smooth. A perfect keyboard layout, equipped with blocks for intuitive identification.
Comes with software for unified system tuning and personalisation so you can customize the laptop to fit your performance needs. Comprehensive connectivity with a reversable Type-C 3.2 USB port, 3 type-A USB ports, HDMI, 3.5 millimeter audio jack and super fast wi-fi 6. Amp up your sound with the incredible audio quality with ASUS’s smart Amp. Intelligent cooling improves your video editing experience.
Wide-view and up to 92% Screen-to-body display ratio.
- A 8th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor
- GeForce GTX1650 Max-Q discrete graphics
- Options upto 1 Tera Byte Storage
- Screenpad 2.0 technology
The intelligent Screenpad is a 5.65-inch touchscreen with multiple functions that will save you time. You can switch between numeric pad, app navigator, and handwriting. It also allows you to add quick keys to personalize hotkeys sequences.
Another cool feature is its portability, it’s an ultra-slim laptop with only 3.6 pounds. Easy to carry wherever you go. The ZenBook is the smallest 15 inch laptop in the world. It is a great looking laptop with 92% viewing space with a tiny bezel.
- Spectacular visuals with 3840 x 2160 4K UHD display.
- An Ergo lift hinge to 141 degrees.
- Light weight and ultraportable.
- Unbound performance with Core I7 processor and the GTX1050 Max-Q video card.
- Mobility in mind it comes with Gigabit class wi-fi.
- All-day battery for non-stop lifestyles with up to 16 hours battery life.
- Full keypad equipped with a number pad in such a small device that is impressive.
- An awesome Windows experience with Win10 pro.
- The use of voice controls with Google’s Alexa.
- Every connection you need with integrated SD Card reader, 3x USB ports, HDMI and 3.5 millimeter audio jack.
- Incredible audio with Immersive Harman Kardon audio.
- And ultra tough, military grade durability.
- A 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor
- GeForce R.T.X. 2070 8GB
- Only up to 512 GigaByte S.S.D. storage
- Cooling system with 7 heat pipes
When speaking of performance, MSI GL64 Leopard is a nice surprise given the price. Packed with the latest Intel i7 and RTX 2070 graphics on top of the 16GB RAM, gives the impression that nothing will slow it down.
Comes in popular colors, with the per-key RGB backlit version or the Red version and the Intel Core i7-10875H latest 10th generation processor with 8 cores, up to 40% performance boost. With the RTX Nvidia Geforce graphic you get superior power. The MSI GL64 is known for its gaming performance, but it is also perfect for video editing.
The per-key RGB backlit keys gives you the ability to customize the keyboard with whatever color you prefer. Fast 144 Hertz FHD IPS Thin-Bezel display gives you unprecedented speed and clarity. Heavy video editing will heat up any system, but no worries with GL65 Leopard. It comes with a revolutionary cooling system, for both CPU and GPU.
The incredible audio quality is driven by the speaker size, which is 5 times bigger than some of the competitors. The MSI GL64 laptop comes standard with the Dragon Center Software to help you control and customize your laptop.
The MSI GL64 laptop comes in a couple optional models, choose from the 144 Hertz or 120 Hertz models.
- The Intel Core i7-10750H processor
- The GeForce RTX 2060 6 gigabyte RAM and ROG boost
- 512GB SSD storage
- And a one piece Aluminum chassis
If you don’t know what you looking for in a video editing laptop, then the Razor blade 15 would be a safe bet. Known to be the best gaming laptop, with the world’s first 360 Hertz FHP and 240 Hertz QHD 15.6 inch displays. Powerful graphics with the GeForce RTX 2060 Nvidia GPU. The base model comes with Full HD 144 Hertz display but can go up to 360 Hertz with the advanced models. Great performance with the 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H, 6 Core CPU processor.
The Razor Blade 15 base model comes with a bespoke heat pipe system designed to cool under the heaviest of loads. Powered by the Razor Chroma RGB keyboard with dynamic lighting effects, and over 16.8 million colors. The base model comes with a number of I/O ports, Gigabit Ethernet, Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), 3 USB 3.2, 1 USB-C, HDMI output, and 3.5mm headphone/microphone combo port.
The Razor Blade comes with some incredible features:
- Spatial audio
- Precise Glass touchpad
- An advanced control system
- However only in the advanced models is USB-C charging
- Window hello
If the Razor Blade base models doesn’t fit you requirements, there is the studio addition, which is built for the creator in mind. The Razor laptop with the base model being entry, is a great place to start on a budget for video editing and would get the job done.
However go visit the Razor store as there are a lot of laptop models if you are not limited to the $1500 budget.
- A 15 or 17 inch model,
- And known to be cool under fire
- Comes with the 9th Gen Intel Core i7- 9750H processor
- The GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GPU
- Only 256 GigaByte SSD storage, but a Battery life up to 7 hours
Acer might not be your first choice for video editing, but the Acer Nitro 5 laptop is an incredible laptop to start out with. Hardware components give you enough performance to work with any editing software you want to.
- Windows Home edition
- Intel Core i7 processor
- Geforce RTX GPU
- Up to 32 Gigabyte RAM
With the 9th Gen Intel Core i7- 9750H 4 core processor, it might be the most performing processor on the list, but it packs a punch. The GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GPU makes this a good laptop for video editing.
The display itself is perfect for video editing tasks. It has Full HD Widescreen, and IPS technology with 144 HZ refresh rate and 3 ms response time. With the advanced cooling system, the Acer Nitro 5 has 9% more GPU and CPU cooling capacity compared to other models.
- Dual fan cooling,
- Quad exhaust,
- And Nitrosense.
Acer might not be your first choice, but the Acer Nitro 5 laptop presented here, is the best you can get with a smaller budget. Hardware components give you enough performance to work with any editing software you want to.
Some of the Pros and Cons for each of the Video Editing Laptops
ROG Zephyrus Pros:
- Strong performance and graphics
- Sleek look and punk design
- And a punchy keyboard
Some of the Cons:
- A dismal display
- And pretty hollow audio output
ASUS Zenbook Pros
- Good looking and durable
- Improved screenpad functions
- A comfortable keyboard
- And great audio
Some of the Cons:
- Mixed performance
- And the display could be a bit brighter
M.S.I GL64 Leopard Pros:
- Impressive hardware for the money
- Good 144 Hertz display,
- Per-key babcklit keyboard
- And comes with the RTX 2070 GPU
Some of the Cons:
- Only comes with 512 Gigabyte storage
- And some of the ports are not in the best position
Razor Blade 15 Base Pros:
- Beautifully minimalist design
- Has 2933 Mega Hertz memory, better than the competition
- Has better extended warranty options
- And very powerful for the price
Some of the Cons:
- No USB-C charging
- Mediocre battery life
- Very warm on the hands when it is working hard
- More expensive than comparable models
Acer Nitro 5 Pros:
- Audio quality from inbuilt speakers is good
- Excellent Trackpad
- Video Editing performance is great
- USB Type-C port
Some of the Cons:
- Average Display compared to others
- Noisy fans while working hard
- Heating issue under load
- Build quality is average
In Conclusion, My Thoght on These Video Editing Laptops
The above list will help you find the best laptop for you, depending on your needs, preferences, and budget.
All of them are packed with a dedicated NVIDIA graphic card, 16 GB RAM, and a powerful CPU. The differences are in display technology, storage amount, and unique features depending on the producer.
These characteristics make them perfectly suitable for video editing.
Canon M6 Mark ii
Mirrorless Digital Camera with 15-45mm Lens + 32GB Card, Tripod, Case, and More (18pc Bundle)
If you like this article on vidoe editing laptops, then check out the best microphones
The Joby Wavo Mobile vs the Rode Videomicro microphones