When you get started as a Vlogger you want to make sure that your audio is awesome under every condition. In this article we will look at what’s new from Rode microphones in 2022 for the mobile creator.
What do You Look for in a Mobile Microphone?
When it comes to a mobile microphone there are a few things to look for to fit your creative needs:
- Are you okay will a directional microphone opposed to a microphone that is attached to your chest?
- Are you one to always have batteries or do you prefer to not have to worry about having them?
- Will you be the only voice being recorded or will there be two audio sources?
The Rode VideoMic GO II is an incredible microphone that makes capturing audio incredibly easy. It is an ultra-lightweight and compact microphone, with unbelievable features for a mic with no batteries required. It is versatile and good for all types of content creation that can be used with a camera, smartphone, tablet or computer. This microphone takes your content to the next level.
Key Features of the Rode VideoMic GO II:
- Broadcast-quality compact shotgun microphone
- Ultra-lightweight (just 89 grams)
- No battery required and no complicated switching – incredibly easy to use
- 5mm TRS output for use with cameras
- USB output for use with mobile devices (iOS and Android) and computers (macOS and Windows)
- Compatible with Rode apps for accessing advanced features, powerful digital signal processing and studio-quality recording on any device
The Rode Wireless GO has just got better in the Rode Wireless GO II. The Wireless GO II is a wireless microphone system with the benefit of a dual channel receiver and two transmitters. The original Wireless GO II continues the unique form factor and professional audio quality as the original Wireless GO. The Wireless GO II is the ideal microphone for a wide range of content creators on the go.
The Wireless GO II has several powerful features, including universal compatibility with cameras, mobile devices and computers. It has extended range (200m line of sight) and improved transmission stability, on-board recording capabilities, and much more. This is truly the next generation in wireless audio.
Key Features of the Rode Wireless GO II:
- Dual channel wireless microphone system for recording two sound sources simultaneously
- Series IV 2.4GHz digital transmission, 128-bit encryption – crystal-clear audio at up to 200m (line of sight), optimised for extremely stable operation in dense RF environments
- 5mm TRS analog output, USB-C and iOS digital output – universal compatibility with cameras, mobile devices and computers
- On-board recording – over 40 hours of internal memory
- Option to record each channel separately or combine them for ultimate flexibility in post-production
- Safety channel, flexible gain control (three-stage pad, expandable to 10-stage)
- In-built rechargeable lithium-ion battery – up to 7 hours battery life
Let's Compare the Two Microphones
Now let’s compare the benefits and disadvantages of the two microphones, so hopefully this will help you make a choice.
The Benefits of the VideoMic GO II:
- No batteries required
- Clear and accurate sound
- Viewers won’t see the microphone
The Disadvantages of the VideoMic GO II:
- Limited range compared to a wireless mic
- Direction audio means the mic always has to face the speaker
The Benefits of the Wireless GO II:
- A wireless mic allows for easy movement
- You can get far from the camera for those incredible shots
- A wireless mic means you don’t have to face the mic
- Dual channel audio allows two people to be recorded
The Disadvantages of the Wireless GO II:
- You are reliant on batteries
- The mic is usually visible
When it Comes to Rode Microphones, they are all Good!
When choosing between the VideoMic GO II and the Wireless GO II keep in mind, they are Rode and both provide great audio quality used in the right application.